Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Me vs. My Page-A-Day Mensa Puzzle Calendar - 03/07/07

QUESTION: "The names of three people are hidden in the sentence below. Can you find them? (The letters are in consecutive order.)

"It was a hard other choice: a car older than you or a new scooter."




MY ANSWER: "???"

ACTUAL ANSWER: "Asa, Dot, Carol"


CONSENSUS: I really hate you sometimes, Mensa calendar. The last time we did this, I got screwed specifically because I tried to find hidden words that existed consecutively within the sentence, one after the other. Thinking my lesson had been learned, that's exactly what I wasn't looking for in this puzzle...only to find out that what I didn't do was exactly what I would have needed to do in order to find the answers. Your inconsistency in format of instruction is exasperating.

Also: "Asa"? Really?

No comments: